To assign a profile to a thin client (or directory), proceed as follows:
- Go to the corresponding thin client (or directory) in the UMS structure tree.
- Click on under Assigned Objects.
- The Select assignable objects window will open.
- Highlight a profile and assign it to the Selected Objects field with .
- Click on OK and specify when the setting will become effective.
It is quicker if you drag the profile onto the thin client or directory using drag and drop.
Essentially, there are two ways of assigning profiles: direct or indirect.
Direct means that you assign a profile to an individual thin client.
Indirect means that you assign the profile not directly to a thin client but to a thin client directory and all thin clients in this directory take on the settings for this profile.
Through indirect assignments, you can manage the priority of a profile, see Priority within the standard profiles.
Please note the following rules:
- If you assign a profile to a directory, it is indirectly assigned to each thin client in this directory including the sub-directories.
- If you subsequently move a thin client to this directory, the directory profiles will affect this thin client too.
- If you remove a thin client from this directory, the profile will no longer influence this client and the local settings for the thin client will be restored.