Setting up a Maintenance Screen on Windows Embedded
You want to hide the administrator's operations during VNC sessions from observers, e.g. on a public kiosk or ATM system.
As of IGEL Windows Embedded Standard 7 version 3.12.100, it is possible to hide VNC sessions behind a custom image.
In IGEL Windows 10 IoT 4.01.100, the Maintenance Screen feature does not work (Known Issue.)
- Use UMS to deploy the custom image to the Thin Client:
See the UMS Manual section on Files.
- Set Thin Client file location to F:\[your_image_name].
- Set the Owner to Root and disallow all access for Others. This ensures that local users cannot modify the image file.
- Set up VNC sessions on the Thin Client, either locally or via UMS, to use the maintenance image:
- Go to System > Shadow.
- Activate Show VNC overlay picture.
- As Path to the picture file for VNC overlay, enter the path you configured for the UMS file transfer.
- Select a Drawing mode for the overlay picture that suits your image and display.
IGEL's Terms & Conditions apply.