You can change various settings and enable local directories.
- Enable Sound: If this option is enabled, the audio output will be forwarded from the server to the thin client. The audio data can then be played back via the built-in loudspeaker or the headset.
- Redirect Serial Port: If this option is enabled, the data from the thin client serial port will be forwarded to the server. The serial port can then be used in the ThinLinc session.
- Enable Printer: If this option is enabled, local printers can be used in the session.
- Enable Smartcard Readers: If this option is enabled, the server will be given access to the local smartcard reader.
- Enable Drive Access: If this option is enabled, the server will be given access to local directories. These directories can be selected in the Exported Paths and Permissions area.
To select a local directory for server-side access, proceed as follows:
- Click on .
- In the Path field, enter the local directory path. Example: /userhome
- Select the Permission that the server is to have for the directory.
- Read only: The server has read rights for the directory but no write rights.
- Read/Write: The server has read and write rights for the directory.
- Disabled: The server has no read rights and no write rights for the directory.
If you set a directory to Disabled, ensure that it is not a sub-directory of a directory for which the server has read or write rights.
- Click on Ok.