Licensing via smartcard and UMS
- The IGEL Universal Desktop OS 2 must already be installed on the target devices.
- The target devices are registered in the UMS.
- The driver for the smartcard reader is installed – it can be found on the UDC stick.
To generate licenses from the smartcard, proceed as follows:
- Insert the smartcard with the licenses into the UDC stick.
- Connect the UDC stick to the device on which the UMS Console runs.
- Click on System > Manage Licenses in the UMS Console.
The Manage Licenses window opens:
- Click on Issue License from the Smartcard and confirm your action.
A list of available licenses is available under License Information.
The available target devices are listed under Thin Clients.
- Select the devices for which you require a license.
- Click on Issue Licenses.
The licenses will be generated by the UDC stick.
- Start the devices twice in order to enable the licenses and the associated functions.
The product ID indicates whether the licensing has worked.
A license is saved in the following three locations:
- On the target device
- In the UMS
- On the UDC stick
If you would like to delete the license for whatever reason, you must delete it in all three locations.