With the same embedded Database
When you use an embedded database you first have to create a backup of it and then copy it to the new server system.
- Click Backups in the UMS administrator on the old server.
- Select a folder as target for your database backup.
- Click Create and enter a name for the backup file.
The new backup will be shown in the Backups view.
- Copy this file to an external server or storage device.
- Open the UMS administrator on the new server.
- Click Restore to import the database backup from the external server or storage device.
- Adapt, if necessary, the DHCP Tag 224 and the DNS Alias for the new server.
If you use a new UMS version activate the database one-time in the UMS administrator, to secure the update of the schema. Usually this will happen automatically during the restore process.