In this area, you can configure the keyboard.
- Keyboard layout – Determines the keyboard layout. The selected layout applies for all parts of the system including emulations, window sessions and X applications.
- Keyboard type – Determines the keyboard type.
- Key repeat – Determines the automatic repeat behavior for the keyboard:
- Repeat delay – Determines the delay (in milliseconds) before automatic repetition begins.
- Repeat rate – Determines how often a character repeats per second.
- Enable dead keys – Enable this function if the keyboard used supports dead keys for special characters.
- Start with NumLock on – Stipulates that NumLock is to be automatically enabled during the boot procedure.