UDC3 Upgrade License Transfer
Your UDC3 device is broken or there are other reasons for changing the device on which UDC3 is running.
Imn order to transfer an UDC3 upgrade license to a new device you need an UDC2 license and follow these steps.
- Go to the IGEL Support page on Declare UDC destruction.
- Complete the form:
- Enter the MAC address of the defective device.
- Enter the MAC address of the new device.
- Read the reference to any optional features like MMCP or PowerTerm.
- Click Send.
You will receive an email with the new UDC2 license file.
- Install the license file on UMS.
- Convert the new device with UDC2.
- Register the device in the UMS.
- Update the license information.
- Reboot the device.
- Go to the IGEL Activation Portal to change the MAC address to the new one.
- Generate the new license file.
- Install the license file on the UMS.
- Upgrade the UDC devices from IGEL Linux v5 to IGEL Linux 10.