Assigning thin client updates
There are various options for assigning a registered firmware update to a thin client.
- Using drag and drop
- Using Assigned Objects in the thin client view
Assigning a firmware update will not trigger the update process. Only the information required for the update will be transferred to the thin client.
The update process can be launched in two ways:
- Right-click on the thin client in the navigation tree
- From the context menu, select Update & Snapshot Commands > Update or Update when Shutting Down.
- As a Job:
- Right-click on Jobs in the navigation tree
- Select New Scheduled Job from the context menu.
- Enter a Name.
- As Command select Update or Update on Boot or Update on Shutdown.
- Complete the setup procedure for the job, see Details.
- Assign the job to thin clients or directories.