Reducing the RAM Consumption
To ensure that your Samsung device works flawlessly with IGEL Linux 10, you should make two BIOS adjustments:
- Reduce the RAM share reserved for the frame buffer of the graphics card
- Enable UEFI boot. This is faster, more reliable, and less RAM-consuming than the legacy BIOS emulation, which would be used otherwise.
To reduce the RAM share for shared video memory:
- Reboot the device while repeatedly pressing F2.
- Open the AMD tab.
- Open the GNB Options.
- Open the GFX Configuration.
- Set the UMA Frame Buffer Size to 128 M (preferably), or to 256 M.
- Continue with enabling UEFI boot or press F10 to save your changes and continue booting.
To enable UEFI boot:
- Open the Main tab.
- Open the Boot Features.
- Set UEFI Boot to Enabled.
- Press F10 to save your changes and continue booting.