Here you can configure wireless network connections.
- Disable encryption: No encryption will be used. (default)
- Enable WEP encryption: WEP encryption will be used.
- Enable WPA encryption: WPA encryption will be used.
You will need to give further information depending on the encryption method chosen.
- Wireless network name (SSID): Name of the wireless network (SSID)
For WEP encryption
- Transmit key ID: Choose from a maximum of four configurable keys (default 1).
- Key format:
- Key [1 - 4]: Enter the key here.
Characters to be entered for WEP keys:
- For 64 bit encryption, 5 characters (ASCII) or 10 hex digits (hexadecimal)
- For 128 bit encryption, 13 characters (ASCII) or 26 hex digits (hexadecimal)
For WPA encryption
- Network authentication:
- WPA Personal: Wi-fi Protected Access pre-shared key (WPA / IEEE 802.11i/D3.0)
- WPA Enterprise: Wi-fi Protected Access with 802.1X authentication (WPA / IEEE 802.11i/D3.0)
- WPA2 Personal: Wi-fi Protected Access pre-shared key (WPA2 / IEEE 802.11i/RSN)
- WPA2 Enterprise: Wi-fi Protected Access with 802.1X authentication (WPA2/IEEE 802.11i/RSN)
- Network key: WPA network key/passphrase as set at the dial-in point. This is either an ASCII character string with a length of 8...63 or exactly 64 hexadecimal digits.
- The network key is shown.
- The network key is hidden. (default)
- Data encryption:
- Default: The default value depends on which network authentication method is selected - TKIP for WPA, AES (CCMP) for WPA2.
- TKIP: Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (IEEE 802.11i/D7.0)
- AES (CCMP): AES in counter mode with CBC-MAC (RFC 3610, IEEE 802.11i/D7.0)
- AES (CCMP) + TKIP: One of two encryption methods is selected by the access point.
- Automatic: The access point can choose the encryption method freely – nothing is stipulated.