Setting Up the Virtual Appliance
This section is relevant if you want to run your ICG as a virtual appliance.
The ICG virtual appliance has the OVA format. It can be imported using one of the following hypervisors:
- VMware Workstation
- VMware ESXi Server
- Oracle Virtual Box
To set up the ICG virtual appliance:
- Import the virtual appliance.
- Make sure that it has been recognized as a 64-bit virtual machine.
- Start the virtual machine.
- Open a console on the virtual machine.
- Log in as root with the preset password usgIGEL1123.
The VM uses a US keyboard layout by default.
You can view this layout on Wikipedia.
Use the loadkeys command to load a different keyboard layout if required:
- Change the root password by entering the passwd command and make a note of the new password.
- Change the password for the dedicated SSH user with the command passwd sshuser and make a note of the new password.
- Open the network configuration file with the following command:
- Edit the entry for eth0 so that it looks like this:
iface eth0 inet static
address [IP address]
gateway [default gateway IP address]
- Save the file.
- Reboot the virtual machine.
Your virtual machine is now ready for Installing the IGEL Cloud Gateway.