You can change VNC protocol settings in order to optimize transmission.
- Use global VNC settings
- The global settings under Setup > Sessions > ThinLinc > ThinLinc Global > VNC optimization will be used. (default)
- The specific settings for this session are defined here.
- VNC auto select
- The Preferred encoding and Color level will be specified automatically. (default)
- The Preferred encoding and Color level can be specified by the user.
- Preferred encoding: Specifies how the data to be transmitted are to be coded. The coding is negotiated between the client and server.
- Tight: Suitable for slow networks too
- ZRLE: Compatible with RealVNC
- Hextile: Recommended for fast networks
- raw. No compression
- Color level: Allows you to select the color resolution
- Full (all colors): The maximum value set on the server is used.
- Medium (256 colors)
- Low (64 colors)
- Very low (8 colors)