In this area, you can configure the keyboard.
- Keyboard layout: Specify the keyboard layout. The selected layout applies for all parts of the system including emulations, window sessions and X applications.
- Enable dead keys
- Dead keys can be used to enter special characters.
- Keyboard type: Specifies the keyboard type.
- Default: Automatically selects the keyboard type according to the computer type (Macbook, Chromebook or PC105 for all others).
- Standard PC keyboard (105 keys)
- IBM keyboard (122 keys)
- Trimodal keyboard
- Sun Type 6 keyboard
- Macbook international
- Show indicator in taskbar
- Shows the language code for the keyboard in the taskbar.
- Repeat delay: Determines the delay (in milliseconds) before automatic repetition begins.
- Key repeat rate: Determines the number of times a character repeats per second.
- Start with NumLock on:
- NumLock will be enabled automatically during the boot process.