Getting the CA Certificate from Certificate Authority
In your environment you need to meet the following requirements:
- An enterprise certificate authority (CA) running Windows Server 2008 R2.
- A Certificate Enrollment Web Service running Windows Server 2008 R2.
Getting the CA certificate from your CA:
- In your web browser, visit the URL http:// with <URL to the CA>/certsrv to go to the certificate authority.
- Enter the User Name and Password.
The Windows server welcome page opens.
- Select the task Download a CA certificate, certificate chain, or CRL.
- IMPORTANT: Choose BASE 64 as Encoding method.
- Click Download CA certificate.
You will receive a file with the CA certificate.