Deploying an IGEL-made Custom Partition via UMS
You want to deploy a custom partition that you received from IGEL to a number of thin clients via the Universal Management Suite (UMS).
The procedure described here is only intended for installing custom partition packages that have been built by IGEL.
- Save the *.zip archive you received locally and extract it.
- Copy the contents of the directory target into the ums_filetransfer directory on the UMS Server, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\IGEL\RemoteManager\rmguiserver\webapps\ums_filetransfer
- Check the accessibility of the data by opening its address in a web browser, e.g. http://[ums_server]:9080/ums_filetransfer/[name]/[name].inf
This access is password-protected, and you need to enter your UMS credentials.
- Import the file profiles.zip (located in the igel\profiles directory of the package) into the UMS via System > Import > Import Profiles.
The imported profile should now appear in the UMS Console under Profiles.
- Edit the profile and adapt the settings in System > Firmware Customization > Custom Partition > Download to match the URL, Username and Password for your UMS.
- Assign the profile to one or more thin clients.
- Reboot these thin clients.