With Stepover TCP Client (Recommended)
On the Thin Client
- Connect the signature pad to one of the thin client's USB ports.
- Go to User Interface > Input > Signature Pad in IGEL Setup
- Enable StepOver TCP Client
- Modify Listening TCP Port if needed. The default is 8888.
You can check whether the StepOver TCP Client is running on the thin client by entering the following in a Local Terminal: ps waux | grep sotcp The result should contain an sotcp process.
On the VDI Server (Windows)
- Locate the sodc.exe program on the server. It is part of StepOver eSignature Office and can be found in [Your Program Files Directory]\StepOver\eSignatureOffice [version]\driver\.
- Change the TCP port in the config.ini file, located in the same directory, if you are using a non-standard port.
- Execute sodc.exe. The StepOver Pad Testwindow will open. Use its buttons to search and select your signature pad, and try writing into the provided field.
The status LED of the pad will turn to green when the connection is successful. The pad is now ready to be used with enabled applications such as StepOver eSignature Office.