Attaching USB Device to Connectivity Foot
The Connectivity Foot 1 (part number: 62-5-UD3-POF4/BL) is an additional device for IGEL thin clients IZ3 and UD3 with a new case design. With this foot stand you can add:
- a serial port
- a hidden / anti-theft USB port, i.e. for a Wifi USB stick or USB mass storage
The following description shows you how to open the cradle foot for connecting the USB device and how to mount it on the thin client case.
The optional IGEL Connectivity Foot 1 consists of the cradle foot and the bottom case.
Opening the Connectivity Foot
- Turn the cradle upside-down and unscrew the bottom case.
- Push the bottom case away from the cradle in the direction of the arrow as shown in the figure below.
Connecting the USB Device
- Connect the USB device to the USB port as shown in the figure below.
Reassembling and Mounting the Connectivity Foot
- Screw the bottom case onto the cradle again.
- Mount the cradle with the attachment screw onto the thin client case.
- Attach the foot-stand with two screws to the bottom of the cradle.