Mapping local Printer to Citrix or RDP Sessions
How to map a locally connected PCL/PS based printer to ICA or RDP session?
The CUPS driver does not support all printer functions such as duplex, color profiles, etc.
- Open local IGEL setup or UMS configuration or profile
- Go to Devices > Printer > CUPS > Printers
- Create a new printer and define a Printer Name
- Select the Printer Port your printer is connected to
- Set Manufacturer = Generic
- Set Printernames = Raw Queue
- Switch to tab Mapping in sessions
- Enable Map Printer in ICA/RDP Sessions
- Enable radio button Use Custom Windows Driver Name
- Enter the exact name of the windows driver installed on the server
- Check if Sessions > ICA/RDP Global > Mapping > Printer > Client Printer Mapping is enabled
- Start the ICA or RDP session and install the printer driver with the redirected port named TS00x/ClientPort
IGEL's Terms & Conditions apply.