Deploying Client Licenses without UMS
Import a license manually from a FAT32 formatted USB stick if any of the following applies:
- you just want to test a license with one device
- you do not use the UMS
- you want to upgrade devices which are not registered in the UMS.
This method is not available on IGEL Linux 10 or UDC3.
Upgrading Licenses Using a USB Stick
- Save the *.lic file in the licenses folder on the USB stick.
- Connect the USB stick to your device.
The next step differs between Linux and Windows devices:
- Open the Application Launcher.
- Click System > Upgrade License
or Upgrade feature set if you use Linux V4.
The system automatically recognizes the valid license.
- Click Apply to import the license.
- Doubleclick the quick setup symbol in the task bar: .
The IGEL Device Information window opens.
- Click Import IGEL licenses in the About tab.
Windows Explorer opens.
- Select your *.lic file under [USB]:\licenses and confirm.