Migrating a UMS Server
You want to migrate your IGEL Universal Management Suite to a new server.
The following scenarios can occur when migrating the UMS to a new server:
- Migrate UMS with embedded data source to new server (keep embedded data source).
- Migrate UMS with external data source (keep external data source).
- Migrate UMS and change data source.
The following descriptions require both a current UMS installation (old server) and a UMS which is already installed on the new server.
Some server configurations are host specific and need to be transferred to the new UMS host.
Examples of server configurations are:
- Most configurations of UMS Administrator application, except data sources, GUI server/JWS server port and backup directory
- Logging configuration
- Cache configuration
Migrating server configuration to the new host
Migration of an UMS server version 5.04.100 or older to UMS server version 5.05.100 or newer.
- Click File > Export Server Configuration.
- Choose the target path and confirm.
- Copy the exported file to the new server host.
- Click Backup in the UMS Administrator application.
- Click on Change next to the Directory entry field to choose the directory where the exported file is stored.
- Choose the respective server configuration in the backup list.
- Click on Restore.
- Choose the respective components and click OK.
- Confirm the Restore dialog.